Wild World is Bastille's second studio album, released on September 9th, 2016.
|“||There will be some songs that'll be quite guitar heavy and dark and at the moment I've been listening to a hell of a lot of R&B and so you know, there might even be some songs leaning that way. — Dan Smith||”|
Background and recording
In late 2013, Bastille began playing three new songs live which were "Blame", "Campus" and "Weapon" featuring Angel Haze. Dan said in an interview that one of the new songs is "slightly grunge inspired" although it's "not even remotely a grunge song but it’s got chugging and distorted guitar and it goes quite heavy at the end.” "Weapon" featured on VS. (Other People's Heartache, Pt. III) instead of the Wild World.
Bastille have already began work properly on their second album in early 2014, however they have said that they were going to begin properly recording the album in September 2014, planned for release in 2015. Will said that they have "16 or 17 tracks" demoed already for the album. He also said:
|“||We’re going into the studio in September to record; hopefully by then we’ll have 20 or maybe more. I think it’s always better to have more material and whittle it down. Our producer has gone on tour with us, so we’ve been doing things on our days off and during soundchecks.||”|
They also plan to release a mixtape possibly by December 2014, which people thought will be Other People's Heartache Pt. III, however Dan confirmed that it wont be. He said that the album will be released when they are "allowed to release it". Dan said he is also planning to record an Annie Oakley Hanging album in 2014.
The two confirmed songs to be recorded for the album are "Blame" and "Campus". Another new song called "Oil On Water" was played during soundcheck and a recording of it leaked online. The band also played one of their new songs, Grip, at the Rock Im Park festival in Nürnberg, though it never actually appeared on the album. Additionally, In late 2015 and early 2016, the band also performed new songs "Snakes", "Two Evils", and "The Currents."
Tracklist (Complete Edition)
- Good Grief
- The Currents
- An Act Of Kindness
- Two Evils
- Send Them Off!
- Four Walls (The Ballad of Perry Smith)
- Fake It
- Winter Of Our Youth
- Way Beyond
- Oil On Water
- The Anchor
- Dan Smith – Lead vocals, keyboards, piano, percussion, string arrangements, production, programming
- Kyle Simmons – Keyboards, percussion, backing vocals
- Will Farquarson – Bass, keyboards, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, backing vocals
- Chris Wood – Drums, percussion, backing vocals
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 http://bastillenews.com/post/86418977059/wills-interview-with-xpress-mag-includes-second
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://twitter.com/bastilledan/status/440166635132170241
- ↑ http://www.mtv.co.uk/bastille/news/bastille-second-album-has-been-delayed-by-touring
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 http://moldybetamax.tumblr.com/post/89162443756/collated-screencaps-from-bastilles-soundrop-live